Round Trip Pass: $988| Or 10 Monthly Installments of $102/Month
One Way Pass: $657| Or 10 Monthly Installments of $69/Month
These are mailed to you or can be picked up in our office
In 1994 the municipalities and school districts in Lamorinda collaborated together to establish a school bus program for the purpose of traffic mitigation.
60% of our funding comes from Measure J, a 1/2 cent sales tax in Contra Costa County distributed by the Contra Costa Transportation Authority. The other 40% of funding comes from parent contributions.
The program currently runs nineteen buses, serving over 1,100 students in the Lafayette, Moraga and Orinda Union School Districts. We currently provide service to the following schools: Glorietta, Sleepy Hollow, Wagner Ranch, OIS, Springhill, Burton Valley, Stanley, Los Perales, Donald Rheem and JM.
During an average school year, the LSBP successfully eliminates an average of 675,000 vehicle trips!
The school bus program is governed by a Joint Powers Authority (JPA) called the Lamorinda School Bus Transportation Agency (LSBTA). The LSBTA is comprised of elected officials from each of the cities and school districts. Meet our current LSBTA Board of Directors.
The LSBTA generally meets every other month and meetings are open to the public. Please sign up for
E-Notification for when meetings are scheduled, on the City of Lafayette's website under Lamorinda School Bus.
The Lamorinda School Bus Program is housed under the Umbrella of the City of Lafayette. Meet our Staff